I recall when I got into the music game how difficult it was to try to balance a full-time job as well as my music career. I knew the importance of performing and getting out there to promote my music; however I was finding myself too tired to do both. So, I realized that I needed to make some changes. Here are some tips and suggestions below:
- Create a monthly performance schedule that will allow a certain number of shows that is desired.
- Tour only on the weekends at designated locations that will reap the best benefits.
- Work a full-time job that has set hours and not a rotating work schedule.
- Hire a booking agent to help put shows together as needed.
- Prepare major tours around your vacation time.